ws-soap-user mailing list archives

From "Jun-Liang Chen" <>
Subject Re: internationlization
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2000 10:27:15 GMT

        Thanks for the quick response. I wrote a small test service code to check whether
I can get a text
        in chinese from the server. Here is central piece of the code,

import org.apache.soap.util.xml.*;
import org.apache.soap.util.DOMUtils;

public class TextService {

  public String getText ( ) throws Exception {
    File ff = new File("news.txt");  // for testing only
     FileReader rr = new FileReader (ff);
    BufferedReader in = new BufferedReader(rr);
    String out;
    String ret ="<![CDATA[";
    ret += "<?xml version='1.0' encoding='Big5' ?>";
    ret += "<?xml:stylesheet type='text/xsl' href='quotes.xsl'?>";

    try {
        while ( (out=in.readLine()) != null ) {
            ret += out + "\n";
       } catch ( Exception e ) { System.err.println("Something Wrong!"); }
    return ret;

I checked it out on the server screen and indeed give me the correct message but when received
on the
client side it just displayed ???????.......,   any suggestions and comments?

Jun-Liang Chen