ws-soap-user mailing list archives

From "Sanjiva Weerawarana" <sanj...@watson.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Deserialization Problem
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2000 03:08:35 GMT
Gerd Aschemann writes:
> (Since you were asking on the Apache soap-dev/user lists I suppose you
> ran into this problem with the Apache xml-soap impl.)
>
> Octav Chipara wrote/schrieb:
> > I trying to make a web service using SOAP and Tomcat. I'm getting a
> > deserialization problem: No deserializer found to deserialize a
> > http://schemas.xmlsopa.org/soap/envelope/:Paramerter using style ''
> >
> > I know this is a well-known issue but I did not
> > find  the archive for the mails posted on this list so I will ask you for
> > some suggestions how I could go about and solve the problem.
>
> As someone else suggested, you will find the archives on

http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/aw.nsf/discussion?ReadForm&/forum/soap4j.nsf/dis
cussion?createdocument

> The problem is discussed there multiple times and seems to occur with
> Xerces 1.1.1 (and should be solved with newer releases of Xerces).
> The suggested solution is to use Xerces 1.0.3. However, I still
> encounter the problem with Xerces 1.1.2. Switching back to Xerces
> 1.0.3 I encounter a new problem:

Can u tell me what problems you had with Xerces 1.1.2? That version
has worked fine for me ..

> org/apache/xerces/utils/Base64
> at
org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.Base64Serializer.<init>(Base64Serializer.java
:18)
>         at
org.apache.soap.encoding.SOAPMappingRegistry.<init>(SOAPMappingRegistry.java:2
48)
>         at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.<init>(Call.java:84)
>         at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.<init>(Call.java:89)
>         at samples.addressbook.GetAllListings.main(GetAllListings.java:91)
>
> Any ideas how to finally solve this issue?

This is a dependency that's only avaialble in Xerces 1.1.2 .. we
use that to encode byte[] types into soap-enc:base64 encoding. So we
really need Xerces 1.1.2+ now ..

Sanjiva.