ws-soap-dev mailing list archives

From "Amazing Arny" <amazinga...@hotmail.com>
Subject HELP: SOAP SSL PROXY-problems
Date Fri, 05 Jul 2002 07:55:34 GMT

Hi,

I got a working SOAP-service over SSL without client-certificates. Now I'm
trying to connect to the service trough a proxy with the next code:
System.setProperty("https.proxyHost","<proxyname>");
System.setProperty("https.proxyPort","80");

I keep getting the next error:
[SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=Error opening socket: null;
targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Error opening socket:
null]
         void org.apache.soap.SOAPException.<init>(java.lang.String,
java.lang.String, java.lang.Throwable)
         void
org.apache.soap.transport.http.SOAPHTTPConnection.send(java.net.URL,
java.lang.String, java.util.Hashtable, org.apache.soap.Envelope,
org.apache.soap.encoding.SOAPMappingRegistry,
org.apache.soap.rpc.SOAPContext)
         org.apache.soap.rpc.Response
org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(java.net.URL,
java.lang.String)
         org.apache.soap.rpc.Response
covProxy.makeSOAPCallRPC(java.lang.String,
java.util.Vector, java.lang.String, java.lang.String)
         Reactie[] covProxy.cov(Aanvraag[])
         void TestClient.main(java.lang.String[])

When I debug the code it loos like the proxy-server is not set.
And a time-out occurs(which seems normal if the proxy-server is not set)

When I use the next code to set the proxy-server:

   SOAPHTTPConnection.setProxyHost("<proxyname>");
   SOAPHTTPConnection.setProxyPort(80);

The APACHESOAP code tries to setup a SSL-connection to my proxy-server which
fails.

Can somebody help me?