ws-soap-dev mailing list archives

From Leif Nilsson TACMa <l...@tac.se>
Subject Reusing SSL-sessions...
Date Thu, 04 Jul 2002 13:03:20 GMT
Hi,

Is there a way to reuse the SSL-session for several SOAP-Calls ?

As I've stated before it seems that soap over SSL sooner or later just
 fails. By activating the system property javax.net.debug (JSSE)
 it is clear that two independant sessions are created for each
Call/SOAPHttpConnection.

As the call fails it is the response that fails (at least those times I've
captured). Somewhere
in between ClientHello and ServerHello for the response the SOAP client just
assumes there is
an answer but there is none so the client SOAP exception for "no
http-status" is raised.

I don't think controlling the sessions would solve the problem (although it
might be less frequent)
 but I suspect it would be beneficial from a performance point of view.

/Leif

Leif Nilsson
Software Engineer

TAC AB
Jägershillgatan 18
SE-213 75 Malmö, Sweden
Direct	+46 40 38 69 56
Fax	+46 40 21 82 87
Mobile	+46 xx xxx xx xx
www.tac-global.com

This email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to whom
it is addressed. It may contain information that is privileged, confidential
or otherwise protected from disclosure under applicable law. If you have
received this transmission in error, please delete it immediately and notify
me by mailing me.