ws-soap-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephen Totten" <stephen.tot...@db.com>
Subject SOAPMappingRegistry server error
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2002 13:21:29 GMT

Hi,

I've written my own serialiser & extended SOAPMappingRegistry in order to overcome the
CDATA serialisation problems in Apache SOAP. It all works fine in the client code, however
on the server when I use the SOAP JSP page to deploy the service, and set the Default Mapping
Registry Class to my class (which is in the same jar file as the actual SOAP service class)
the service returns the following (helpful :) error:

Generated fault:

  Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Server.Exception:

  Fault String = org/apache/soap/encoding/SOAPMappingRegistry

I use the following code to map my type:

mapTypes(Constants.NS_URI_SOAP_ENC,
               Constants.string2001QName,
               CDataSOAPType.class,
               new CDataSerializer(), new StringDeserializer());

When I try to use the serializer class directly instead of using the Mapping Registry, I get
the following error:

Generated fault:

  Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Server.Exception:

  Fault String = org/apache/soap/util/xml/Serializer

The service function I call is set up as:

public CDataSOAPType priceQuantoAsianBasketXML( String input )
  {
    return new CDataSOAPType( input );
  }

Has anyone else seen either of these errors and been able to fix them?

Thanks very much,
- Steve

Stephen Totten
stephen.totten@db.com
+44 20 754 58065

Business Analyst - Central Management (COO's Office)
Deutsche Bank CIB

in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.