ws-soap-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjay Bahal <sb6...@yahoo.com>
Subject Tomcat Deployment
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2002 22:02:57 GMT
New to Tomcat- installed it- examples run fine.
I want to undersatnd the deployment structure. The
documentation does not make it so clear. I have looked
at the various web.xml's - I could'nt find the one for
examples.
My question is how do I deploy my servlet? Do I create
a new file structure for myself? How do I register it
in Tomcat- which web.xml? "..system administrator
assigns your application to the context path /catalog,
then a request URI referring to /catalog/index.html
will retrieve the index.html file from your document
root...."- how do I do this.
Will appreciate a simple response.
Thanks a lot,
Sanjay