ws-soap-dev mailing list archives

From "Henk Schipper" <henk.schip...@software684.com>
Subject RE: com.ibm.* package in SOAP download
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2001 15:00:00 GMT
Sanjiva,

Most of the java based alphaworks contains also sources.
The 'problem' however is that alhaworks is (of course) ibm based. so all the
special calls to devices and api's have to be included in the com.ibm.*
classes.
XMI dependency I agree, still usefull? Also one other question remains, that
namespacing should be used in a matter so that all platforms can access it
in their way.
--- I know I am on thin ice now --- have to be carefull with what I say ---

Thank god for opensource, or better yet, thank everybody for opensource. It
makes life easier. I solved some interop problems with this.
The complete xml server and tools are opensource. GPL-licenced. It is
important in keeping this up to keep the copyright notices in the sources
where they belong.

Still the servers are also available for other platforms not specific ibm,
but also for other platforms. Take a look at this:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/
Here you will find some (re)sources

http://www.garshol.priv.no/download/xmltools/plat_ix.html
Is also a site with good information.