ws-soap-dev mailing list archives

From "davout" <dav...@dsl.pipex.com>
Subject RE: Access to Soap message header data?
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2001 08:47:10 GMT
It's a RPC Java class.

If I can't get access to the header info how am I supposed to authenticate
that the service consumer can access this service?

-----Original Message-----
From: Sanjiva Weerawarana [mailto:sanjiva@watson.ibm.com]
Sent: 28 December 2001 04:09
To: soap-dev@xml.apache.org; davout@dsl.pipex.com
Subject: Re: Access to Soap message header data?

Is your Java class a Java RPC service class? If so you cannot get to
the headers.

If its a message class, you have access to the SOAP envelope, hence
you can get the headers.

Alternatively, you can write your own provider that implements whatever
convention you want for receiving the headers from the soap engine. The
docs indicate how to write your own provider.

Sanjiva.