ws-soap-dev mailing list archives

From David Turner <tur...@genome.wi.mit.edu>
Subject NullPointerException when serializing null String objects
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2001 16:36:32 GMT

I ran into a problem with SOAP's current String serialization when it
encounters null String objects.   I couldn't find anything in either the
user or dev archives regarding this so I don't know if this is a bug or
not.

I ended up writing my own String serializer which handled the null
situation.  I only used my String serializer on the client side when
sending data to the service -- the soap service just uses the default
soap String serializer/deseralizer.   I have attached the source code
for my String serializer in case it can be incorporated into SOAP.

What I would like to know is if this is currently an issue or not?   Is
SOAP currently able to handle null String objects during serializing?

Much appreciated.

David