ws-soap-dev mailing list archives

From Teodoro Megliola <teodoro.megli...@csfs.com>
Subject Security problem with SOAP Java applet
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2001 08:05:38 GMT
Hello there

I wrote a simple and straightforward SOAP client to access an also simple and straightforward
service.

When I deployed the client as a Java applet (I know that this implies downloading the ".jar"
files as well, but let's skip this for a moment), I ran into the following exception:

   com.ms.security.SecurityExceptionEx[org/apache/soap/util/mime/MimeUtils.getUniqueValue]:

   Unable to access system property: user.name

I'm aware that Java applets are not allowed to access this specific system property, so I
have 2 question:

 - Why do the SOAP classes actually need this system property at all?
 - Any workaround to handle this?

Thanks
Ted