ws-soap-dev mailing list archives

From "Sanjiva Weerawarana" <sanj...@watson.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Access to Soap message header data?
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2001 14:56:07 GMT
"davout" wrote:

> It's a RPC Java class.
>
> If I can't get access to the header info how am I supposed to authenticate
> that the service consumer can access this service?

Actually, I forgot a hook that was put in a while ago ..

If the first argument of your method is of the type SOAPContext (see
http://xml.apache.org/soap/docs/apiDocs/org/apache/soap/rpc/SOAPContext.html
)
then you will be able to get the SOAP envelope from the context and
access the headers. Its a bit low level, but it should work for you.

Thus you can do it Apache SOAP .. sorry for the incorrect answer
earlier. I thought this was documented somewhere, but I can't seem
to find it.

Sanjiva.