ws-soap-dev mailing list archives

From "William Brogden" <wbrog...@bga.com>
Subject RE: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
Date Mon, 24 Dec 2001 13:46:45 GMT

The key point is that it is looking for a namespace related method.
Your JVM is finding an XML parser that does NOT support namespaces,
ie an old parser. Note that no matter what you do with classpath,
it is possible for an old parser to be picked up from the standard
extensions directory. Read the findingclasses.html file in the
tooldocs section of your JDK docs to find out why.

When this happened to me it turned out to be an old JAXP jaxp.jar
and parser.jar in the Java-home/jre/lib/ext directory.

WBB