ws-soap-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby/Raleigh/IBM" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: V3.0 CVS repository
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2000 16:12:52 GMT
Glen Daniels wrote:

> What's the best way for us to begin working on the 3.0 codebase?
> This is going to be pretty much a complete rewrite utilizing
> chunks of the old code, so we'd like to start as fresh as
> possible.  Is it appropriate/possible for us to make a new CVS
> tree for the new code/docs?  I'd like to be able to do this
> development without preventing people from contributing bug
> fixes and changes to the existing 2.0 code....

Assuming that there is general agreement, it is appropriate and possible.

I've heard complaints about proposed patches to Soap 2.0 languishing.
Would it be possible for either the current set of committers to put more
focus on reviewing these?  Alternately, the set of committers should be
expanded to allow the current Soap to remain viable until it can be
replaced.

- Sam Ruby