ws-soap-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephen Graham/Raleigh/IBM" <sggra...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Reloading services.
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2000 14:36:56 GMT
I agree this is possible, however it strikes me that a get on the RPCRouter
resulting in reloading of services is an unexpected semantic.

++++++++
Steve Graham
sggraham@us.ibm.com
(919)254-0615 (T/L 444)
<<Pithecanthropus Erectus>>
Emerging Internet Technologies
++++++++

Chris Francis <chris.francis@static2358.com> on 11/03/2000 09:14:46 AM

Please respond to soap-dev@xml.apache.org

To:   "'soap-dev@xml.apache.org'" <soap-dev@xml.apache.org>
cc:
Subject:  Reloading services.

Can we use the doGet () method of RPCRouterServlet to enable live reloading
of
services. Currently we have to shutdown and restart the servlet engine or
force
the servlet to reload somehow.
Is there a problem with this?

public void doGet (HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse res) throws
ServletException, IOException {
    ServletConfig config = getServletConfig ();
    ServletContext context = config.getServletContext ();
    synchronized (context) {
      RPCRouter rpcRouter = new RPCRouter ();
      ServiceManager serviceManager = new ServiceManager ();
      rpcRouter.setServiceManager(serviceManager);
      context.setAttribute (RPC_ROUTER_ID, rpcRouter);
      context.setAttribute (SERVICE_MANAGER_ID, serviceManager);
    }
  }

Chris Francis,
Software Engineer,