ws-soap-dev mailing list archives

From "Doug Davis/Raleigh/IBM" <>
Subject RE: Transaction ID Namespace (was Object lifetime options)
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2000 11:59:02 GMT
  The pluggable provider stuff we submitted has two parts:
- the ability to plug-in providers w/o actually changing the base SOAP code
- the introduction of the concept of an 'instance-id'.
Its the 2nd one that would probably come closest to what you want.
While it still needs more work our hope is that after the initial call
to the server an instance-id can be passed back to the client for
subsequent calls to help the next call to the server identify which
object to perform the method on.  What's not there is the notion
of discarding the object after a certain amount of time.  I think its
needed but it's just not there yet.  We're open to ideas on how to
handle this requirement - or hopefully the code will be committed
soon and you can take a look for yourself to see how it can be

View raw message