ws-soap-dev mailing list archives

Subject RE: Potential F2F design session for 3.0?
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2000 01:03:36 GMT

how about shampoo.

                    Matthew Geis
                    <matthew.geis@in        To:     "''" <>
          >              cc:
                                            Subject:     RE: Potential F2F design session
for 3.0?
                    11/08/00 06:25
                    Please respond
                    to soap-dev

It also shares the common pronunciation of WSP (WAP Session Protocol or
Wireless Session Protocol, Web Standards Project, and probably a couple
other things).

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Lowenthal []
Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2000 3:34 PM
Subject: Re: Potential F2F design session for 3.0?

I don't know if WASP was suggested in jest or not but
it should not be used.  It has a common meaning of

  White Anglo-Saxon Protestant

(usually male) American and is usually used in conjunction
with discrimination against various groups such as
blacks, Asians or Jews who are not white, Anglo-Saxon
and Protestant.

Sam Ruby/Raleigh/IBM wrote:

> Jean-Noel Gadreau wrote:
> >
> > until we get the new CVS module
> My read of the relevant discussion to date is that there is consensus
> there should be a different name than soap, but there isn't consent on
> the name should be.
> Of the names mentioned to date, my favorite is WASP - I don't care what
> acronym stands for (if anything), but Apache projects tend to be names
> acronyms.
> It would be nice if we could get this issues resolved...
> - Sam Ruby

View raw message