ws-soap-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephen Graham/Raleigh/IBM" <sggra...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Potential F2F design session for 3.0?
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2000 14:01:49 GMT
Glen/All:
With a group the size we are expecting (based on the number of +1 responses
to the original F2F note), it might be difficult to accomplish all the
tasks you suggest.

It is achievable to agree on requirements.  One thing I am struggling with
is the overall scope of the V3.0 engine work.  Is this a complete rewrite
(if so why?).  Is this an evolution of the current Apache SOAP code base,
if so, how do we decide on the functionality that will be addressed and
not?  Do we agree that the F2F is to focus on the Engine part of the
project, or to define the overall effort for v3.0?

After we agree on these terms of reference for the project (Apache Web
Services Project, or whatever we are calling it), and the Engine component
in particular,  then I think we can do the
class/responsibilities/collaborators design work + UML + Use Cases.  I
would be surprised (but delighted) that we get to this detailed work at
this meeting.

Given limited face-face time, we should focus on agreeing on scope and
dividing task.  We can do the design through e-mail communication.

sgg

++++++++
Steve Graham
sggraham@us.ibm.com