ws-soap-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby/Raleigh/IBM" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: V3.0 CVS repository
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2000 10:35:34 GMT
Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:

> Do we create a new module (ala xml-soap) or a subdir under
> the current xml-soap? I think the latter would be better,
> but can understand people's preference for the prior.

My preference is for the former.  Furthermore, I would suggest that only
people who have actually contributed to V2 be given commit access to V3.
One of my disappointments with this project is the number of people who
endorsed this initially and then never participated.  Anybody who has been
active with either V2 or V3 should be permitted to both.

> This raises another issue with the 3.0 code- with the W3C XML
> Protocol activity up and running, we need to gear up to
> supporting that. [I'm of the pre-conceived idea that this group
> would track that work and provide compatible implementations ..
> is that what others believe too?]

+1

BTW - Should the project be renamed?

> I'd like to take the approach of expanding the set of committers.

Works for me.

- Sam Ruby