ws-soap-dev mailing list archives

From "Ara Kassabian" <...@techone.com>
Subject RE: Name for V3.0 CVS repository?
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2000 02:19:56 GMT
Please recall that "XP" is the common acronym for "extreme programming", so
using this in CVS, etc., could lead to a lot of confusion for newbies.

Ara Kassabian
TechOne, Inc.
100 N. Brand Blvd., Suite 605
Glendale, CA 91203
http://www.techone.com
ara@techone.com
(510) 729-6750 Ext. 396 (Oakland)
(818) 476-0055 (Los Angeles)

-----Original Message-----
From: Sam Ruby/Raleigh/IBM [mailto:rubys@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2000 7:42 AM
To: soap-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Name for V3.0 CVS repository?

Any suggestions?

Clearly, the name SOAP is now dated.  We could either use XP or some
permutation (XAP, PAX).  Or a completely new name can be chosen.  Such
names don't need to have any connection - Jakarta was named after a
conference room.  Cocoon was named after the movie.  I don't know what
Tomcat, Ant, and others were named after...

Who wants to be the one to be able to brag that they named the new project?

- Sam Ruby