ws-soap-dev mailing list archives

From James Snell <jmsn...@intesolv.com>
Subject RE: Potential F2F design session for 3.0?
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2000 16:42:21 GMT
For now, since XP is not even out of the initial germination stages, SOAP
should be our focus.  When XP comes around, we should track it and support
it.  We have a great opportunity now to create an architecture that not only
allows us to track XP without a major reorganization, but also allows us to
support multiple protocols (SOAP & XP).  SOAP for backwards compatibility
and MS Integration (I doubt .Net will track XP too closely for a while), and
XP for obvious reasons.

- James

-----Original Message-----
From: Yuhichi Nakamura [mailto:NAKAMURY@jp.ibm.com]
Sent: Friday, November 10, 2000 12:38 AM
To: soap-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: RE: Potential F2F design session for 3.0?

James,
+1

p.s.
I just want to make sure.  I do not disagree with you at all.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
SOAP has a specifcation, but XP just started, so no specifaction is
provided.
So do you mean that we support multiple protocols such as SOAP, ebXML,
etc. at this moment, and we will follow a specification which comes from
XML Protocol work?
We have a big umbrella like Web Services, and have sub-projects like
Engine,
Service Description, etc.  Is it right?

Yuhichi Nakamura
IBM Research, Tokyo Research Laboratory