ws-soap-dev mailing list archives

From George I Matkovits <matkovi...@uswest.net>
Subject Re: JDOM vs DOM (was: Re: IRC chat log)
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2000 19:48:10 GMT
I would like to add my 2 cents worth for JDOM
1.) I am  in complete agreement with Sanjiva about standards and the use of SAX
for handling 'large' payloads BUT
2.) JDOM: the DOM in JDOM does not mean it is based on DOM, it is NOT! It is a
Java wrapper around SAX/DOM classes and data structures.:-) JDOM is a very Java
friendly API, I LOVE IT and there is also a good and comprehensive book. JDOM
allows 'Java training wheel' access to XML for XML newbies like I (IMHO much
better then JAXP). I also noticed that there are many, many of us on the various
xml related lists. Some combination of the two technologies (SAX and JDOM),
where JDOM access to SOAP APIs would be relatively easy, IMHO would be very nice
and would enhance Apache (IBM) SOAP's ease of acceptance over of that from the
'evil empire'. Also IMHO a JDOM friendly WSToolKit would add greatly to the
future acceptance  of Java as the 'defacto' Internet Business Environment. I
wish that Sun would also understand this. (-: They seem to have great difficulty
in understanding the world outside the LAN cocoon unlike MS)
Regards - George