ws-soap-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Mitchell <kevin.mitch...@xmls.com>
Subject RE: Potential F2F design session for 3.0?
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2000 19:39:37 GMT

+1
-----Original Message-----
From: Sam Ruby/Raleigh/IBM
To: soap-dev@xml.apache.org
Sent: 11/10/2000 12:15 PM
Subject: RE: Potential F2F design session for 3.0?

Steve Graham wrote:

> this effort is evolving beyond SOAP/XP to a broader Web Services
> architecture. Of course, SOAP/XP will be at the heart of it.

We need to be careful here.  The scope of the current project is defined
by
the XML PMC.  I have no problem going back there and describing how the
W3C
changed the name and how we all agreed that this was to track to the
standard, but I am reticent to go back and lobby for expanding the scope
until I can demonstrate that there actually is an active community here
in
terms of the number and diversity of the participants and the quantity
and
frequency of commits.

Within IBM, we/I have a second problem - increasing the scope will
require
approval within IBM (by the OSSC) for IBMers to participate.  This
should
not be a problem.  Just a todo.

- Sam Ruby