ws-soap-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Mitchell <kevin.mitch...@xmls.com>
Subject RE: Problem with base64 encoded parameter value?
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2000 16:35:25 GMT
If you need it 100% clean, I see these options

 - pass a reference and have your server go get the data.
 - base64 encoding

CDATA is not really an option, b/c a) the CRLF/CR => LF conversion gets
applied to the CDATA contents by the XML processor and b) it will not handle
string that are XML documents containing CDATA sections (then you have
embedded CDATA)

-----Original Message-----
From: David Boreham [mailto:david_list@boreham.org]
Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2000 10:53 AM
To: soap-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Problem with base64 encoded parameter value?

I think base64 encoded data gets deserialized to a byte array, not a string.
If your implementation class method expects a type of string, but is
supplied a byte[], the call will not work. You could try just overloading
the implementation class method to accept a byte[] in place of the string...

Ah Ha !
That worked (once I'd discovered the difference between "Byte" and "byte").
Thanks.

Before I proceed, perhaps I should ask what is the "correct" way to
send a string parameter (potentially containing markup and whitespace
which must be passed clean) from SOAP::Lite to Apache SOAP ?
The strings may be quite long, perhaps a few 10's of Kbytes.