ws-soap-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Mitchell <kevin.mitch...@xmls.com>
Subject RE: Problem with base64 encoded parameter value?
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2000 15:00:48 GMT
I think base64 encoded data gets deserialized to a byte array, not a string.
If your implementation class method expects a type of string, but is
supplied a byte[], the call will not work. You could try just overloading
the implementation class method to accept a byte[] in place of the string...

-----Original Message-----
From: David Boreham [mailto:david_list@boreham.org]
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2000 8:31 PM
To: soap-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Problem with base64 encoded parameter value?

I'm seeing some kind of problem with the decoding of base64-encoded
parameters
in version 2.0. Specifically, this:
<c-gensym5 xsi:type="SOAP-ENC:base64">dGVzdAp0ZXN0Mg==</c-gensym5>
fails while this:
<c-gensym5 xsi:type="xsd:string">test</c-gensym5>
works.
The client is SOAP::Lite 0.41

By "fails" I mean that the SOAP servlet never calls the interface
implementation class. It does in the "working" case. I've not yet
attempted any further diagnosis, not tried a different client.

Before I dive into this, I wanted to ping the dev community to see
if a) it's a known problem and b) if I should be trying some newer
code (from CVS ??) to see if the problem is still in the latest code.

Thanks, and apologies if this was discussed in the past here,
I don't have the bandwidth to read every single message.