ws-soap-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Mitchell <kevin.mitch...@xmls.com>
Subject RE: IRC chat log
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2000 14:05:29 GMT
I think Glen's suggestion is a good one. I have the feeling that there is
alot of
discussion and "nuggets" of information captured in the IRC logs, and
certainly a slew
of proposed extensions and approaches, but we are not maintaining an
organized record of
these items (like an outline, as Glen suggests.) I think we will need such a
document to
move ahead efficiently.

-----Original Message-----
From: Glen Daniels
To: 'Jean-Noel Gadreau '; 'soap-dev@xml.apache.org '
Sent: 11/3/2000 12:44 AM
Subject: RE: IRC chat log

Hi Jean-Noel:

I haven't really done much work on my version of an architecture doc
since I
sent it out a few weeks ago, so the version in the archives is still
pretty
much the latest from my end.  I know there have been other docs put
forth by
several others as well.  I think perhaps a good way to approach merging
and
growing these proposals into a shared working document is to first build
an
outline of the important architectural components of the system.  Once
everyone agrees on those, we can take each one and hash out a design we
all
like, which I would hope will include whatever diagrams might help a
newbie
understand the system, and also scenarios/use-cases to demonstrate at an
abstract level how things work.  Thoughts?

--Glen