ws-soap-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Francis <chris.fran...@static2358.com>
Subject RE: Reloading services.
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2000 11:20:07 GMT

Yes, but there aren't many choices available. We can't have a service
doing it because we can't get hold of the servlet context. We could use the
post method
quite easily, and maybe assume a non-soap post or error results in services
being
reloaded. Or something. Lot's of things possible. I just chose the easiest
one.

Chris.

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Graham/Raleigh/IBM [mailto:sggraham@us.ibm.com]
Sent: 03 November 2000 14:37
To: soap-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Reloading services.

I agree this is possible, however it strikes me that a get on the RPCRouter
resulting in reloading of services is an unexpected semantic.

++++++++
Steve Graham
sggraham@us.ibm.com
(919)254-0615 (T/L 444)
<<Pithecanthropus Erectus>>
Emerging Internet Technologies
++++++++

Chris Francis <chris.francis@static2358.com> on 11/03/2000 09:14:46 AM

Please respond to soap-dev@xml.apache.org

To:   "'soap-dev@xml.apache.org'" <soap-dev@xml.apache.org>
cc:
Subject:  Reloading services.

Can we use the doGet () method of RPCRouterServlet to enable live reloading
of
services. Currently we have to shutdown and restart the servlet engine or
force
the servlet to reload somehow.
Is there a problem with this?

public void doGet (HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse res) throws
ServletException, IOException {
    ServletConfig config = getServletConfig ();
    ServletContext context = config.getServletContext ();
    synchronized (context) {
      RPCRouter rpcRouter = new RPCRouter ();
      ServiceManager serviceManager = new ServiceManager ();
      rpcRouter.setServiceManager(serviceManager);
      context.setAttribute (RPC_ROUTER_ID, rpcRouter);
      context.setAttribute (SERVICE_MANAGER_ID, serviceManager);
    }
  }

Chris Francis,
Software Engineer,