ws-soap-dev mailing list archives

From "David Boreham" <david_l...@boreham.org>
Subject Re: Problem with base64 encoded parameter value?
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2000 17:34:14 GMT
  If you need it 100% clean, I see these options

   - pass a reference and have your server go get the data.

Unattractive.

   - base64 encoding

Workable for now. I'm slightly perplexed by the client behavior---it chooses
whether to encode or not depending on the payload, and that in turn causes the
server to try to execute different proxy object methods (the String/byte[] thing).
Seems rather strange to me. I'd prefer a single mechanism to get my data
over the channel. Perhaps I should base64 encode in my application.
That would be quite easy for me to do.

What I really need is the non-existent XML document transport protocol :)

  CDATA is not really an option, b/c a) the CRLF/CR => LF conversion gets applied to the
CDATA contents by the XML processor and b) it will not handle string that are XML documents
containing CDATA sections (then you have embedded CDATA)

OK, thanks.