ws-soap-dev mailing list archives

From "David Boreham" <david_l...@boreham.org>
Subject Problem with base64 encoded parameter value?
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2000 01:31:17 GMT

I'm seeing some kind of problem with the decoding of base64-encoded parameters
in version 2.0. Specifically, this:
<c-gensym5 xsi:type="SOAP-ENC:base64">dGVzdAp0ZXN0Mg==</c-gensym5>
fails while this:
<c-gensym5 xsi:type="xsd:string">test</c-gensym5>
works.
The client is SOAP::Lite 0.41

By "fails" I mean that the SOAP servlet never calls the interface
implementation class. It does in the "working" case. I've not yet
attempted any further diagnosis, not tried a different client.

Before I dive into this, I wanted to ping the dev community to see
if a) it's a known problem and b) if I should be trying some newer
code (from CVS ??) to see if the problem is still in the latest code.

Thanks, and apologies if this was discussed in the past here,
I don't have the bandwidth to read every single message.