ws-soap-dev mailing list archives

From "Sanjiva Weerawarana" <sanj...@watson.ibm.com>
Subject Re: PROPOSAL: Dug Davis for committer
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2000 21:02:29 GMT
> Thank you for your proposition, we would be happy to join the team and
> contribute to the development of the tool.

Cool!

> As to our approach to EJB integration with the Apache-SOAP (Locator/URN
> Generator framework) - we discussed it broadly with Dug in our private
> correspondence for quite a long time and initially considered
> possibilities of cooperation in developing the unified infrastructure. I
> suppose Dug could take the leadership and we from our side will provide
> our design, code (which has been already validated in real-life
> applications) and any other assistance.
>
> Also, I would like to mention other extensions we've incorporated into
> Apache SOAP - namely XSLT transformers. As there's something similar now
> being proposed by Ryo Neyama (hooks) - I think here our methods can be
> also used now to come up with optimal unified approach. I'll discuss it
> in the related thread.

It sounds to me that both of these can be built on the provider type
generalization that Dug has implemented. If you agree I suggest that
Dug go ahead and commit that code and you guys build the specific
providers (XSLT scripts, EJBs, BSF scripts, good 'ol Java classes)
on top of that framework.

Sanjiva.