ws-scout-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Faath" <jfa...@apache.org>
Subject RE: jUDDI TLP project
Date Sat, 25 Sep 2010 00:56:18 GMT
I'm always for consolidation as it follows the KISS theory.  But I would
defer to Tom's opinion since he's done the most work on Scout recently.

I think the lists should definitely be consolidated until the traffic
warrants splitting them up.

-Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Cunningham [mailto:tcunning@redhat.com]
Sent: Friday, September 24, 2010 2:55 PM
To: scout-dev@ws.apache.org
Cc: juddi-dev@ws.apache.org; juddi-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: jUDDI TLP project

David Jencks wrote:
> I think that would be too much considering the very low traffic we get.
We might even want to have only one juddi mailing list until we get enough
traffic to warrant separate dev and users lists.  There's been some
discussion recently on incubator and the consensus seems to be that having
only one list is a good idea for new projects to try to involve everyone who
shows the slightest interest :-)  Since lack of too many active participants
is one of our problems here, if we are setting up new lists maybe we should
start with one.

I think having Scout on a separate website makes sense given that they
will have completely different release cycles and that we will not be
shipping scout artifacts by default along with juddi bundles.      Seems
like it would make things less confusing to newcomers to jUDDI.      I'm
not sure who else has committed changes for Scout other than myself
recently, but I'd prefer to keep the JIRA component separate since they
have different release version numbers.

I don't have any opinion on the lists.