ws-scout-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release scout-1.1
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2009 17:20:14 GMT
I checked that the tar.gz source archive is sufficient to build the
project and has appropriate legal files, so this is in line with
apache policy.

However, I think Kurt produced the release candidates from the
checkout on which he was running mvn release:prepare and as a result
the source archives have a number of files that shouldn't be included:
release.properties
pom.xml.releaseBackup
..settings
..classpath
..project

Also, the release candidate is not in apache nexus and I don't know
how you'd deploy it there.

I would strongly advise that Kurt run

mvn release:perform -Papache-release

in the same directory he ran mvn release:prepare

This will svn export the tag, build it, and upload the artifacts to
apache nexus, ready for promotion.

thanks
david jencks