ws-scout-dev mailing list archives

From Anil Saldhana <anilsaldh...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: XmlBeans and JAXB
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2007 15:12:31 GMT
XML binding issues in Scout only arrive at when the request is made to a registry and response
is received. This has caused some issues in the various branches - trunk uses xmlbeans and
one of the branches uses juddi.  We can standardize on JAXB.

Do you think it will be pragmatic to just abstract a layer out for binding and let users put
in whatever binding layer they want? Just a thought. Not given too much thought into details.

Kurt T Stam <kstam@apache.org> wrote: Now that Java6 contains JAXB it makes more sense
to use JAXB. I know
most people can't use java6 yet, so
at least for a while we'd need to use JAXME (or SUN's JAXB
implementation), but I'd like to keep the number of dependencies low.
Does anyone know if XMLBeans is going to support JAXB, if so this
discussion is pointless :).

Cheers,
--Kurt