ws-scout-dev mailing list archives

From Anil Saldhana <anilsaldh...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: replacing the trunk with branch-v0.7rc3
Date Sun, 07 Jan 2007 05:31:55 GMT
The question of uddi types arose due to plain uddi types (which juddi provided us). But someone
had issues with having a dependence on juddi due to classloading issues. So brought in xmlbeans
to generate the uddiv2 types.

In the long run, since the uddi types are static and will not change, scout can create its
own uddi types. Then there is no dependence on juddi or xmlbeans for that.

Kurt T Stam <kstam@redhat.com> wrote:           I actually have been working with the
trunk code and in fact *like* that it does not depend on the juddi jar (other then for testing).
What is the issue with xmlbeans? It seems to do the trick just fine.

 After looking at the v0.7rc3 code base and understanding the background I think we should
keep the trunk code, and *merge* in the branch fixes.I'm sorry for flip flopping here..

 My 2 cents

 --Kurt

 Anil Saldhana wrote: Ok, here is the background.

 I asked Kurt to take care of synchronizing rc3 to trunk yesterday and I was supposed to open
a VOTE for it today. But because he works in a timezone earlier than me, he broached the topic
on the list.

 The reason the trunk has gone stale is because it contains the xmlbeans related refactoring
done last year, which really did not make it to any of the releases.

 Geir cut the v0.5 release - I made a v0.7rc1 branch out of it and released v0.7rc1 (after
a vote ofcourse). Then another branch v0.7rc2 was cut from v0.7rc1 to include bug fixes and
released.

 So yesterday I made a copy of trunk in archives. After a vote, the branch v0.7rc2/rc3 was
supposed to be synched up with trunk.

 Finally, once we are ready - we can do a v0.7 release that takes care of JEE1.4 JAXR requirements(UDDI/Capability
level 0 ).

 Immediate items:
 a) Sync trunk and active development happens there.
 b) Release Scout into maven repos. ( I think I did this for v0.7rc2)

 Also, I want to introduce Kurt as someone who will take juddi and Scout to the next level
because he has a lot of ideas.

   "Geir Magnusson Jr." <geir@pobox.com> wrote:    Again, who asked you to do this?

 geir