ws-scout-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Scout 0.5.1?
Date Sun, 03 Dec 2006 05:56:37 GMT

On Dec 2, 2006, at 4:07 AM, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> David Blevins wrote:
>> Would anyone mind if I created a branch and prepared a super minor
>> patch release of scout 0.5 that simply comments out "log4j.debug"
>> in this file
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/scout/branches/v0.5/
>> modules/scout/src/conf/log4j.properties Everything else would be
>> absolutely identical so code-wise it would be identical to the
>> already certified 0.5 Geronimo uses.
>
> Technically speaking, it wouldn't be certified.
>
> But is should be straigtforward to test?

It'd be what Geronimo ships in the upcoming 1.2, so definitely.  What
I was getting at with the "no code changes" angle is that if there
was a strong desire in the Scout team to throw in some extra fixes to
understand Geronimo would likely still want a no-code changes release
containing just the one line edit to the log4j.properties file (we're
too late in the 1.2 game to make any major library changes).

-David