ws-scout-dev mailing list archives

From Alistair Bush <alistair.b...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Status of Scout
Date Sun, 01 Oct 2006 20:58:03 GMT
Would it also be possible for you to create a tag for your cvs/svn repo with a
label of 0.7-rc2?

This is very important for packaging on gentoo as it is a source based distro.
In fact the whole of gentoo is based around users being able to customise
compile options.

I understand if you are not prepared to package the source yet (hopefully I
will be able to convince you of the benefits by 1.0) but having the tag
within your repo would allow me to export this specific version now and at
any point in the future.

These are some links that the gentoo java community has produce, it contains
some reasons why we build java from source and more importantly tips on how
to be a good upstream.

http://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/java/wiki/Why_build_from_source
http://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/java/wiki/How_to_be_a_good_upstream

I would also like to point out that gentoo has a policy of sending any patches
upstream for your consideration.   Hopefully over the coming months Gentoo
can get packages such as scout into the official tree.

Alistair Bush