ws-scout-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Scout v1.0 Changes
Date Thu, 16 Mar 2006 19:48:59 GMT
How can we remove the dependency on jUDDI since we use it as the client?

geir

Anil Saldhana wrote:
> As much as I like XMLBeans. Even though it is an Apache project (good for us). But the
XML Binding space is in flux now- JAXB is the only standard that is available IMO. I do not
want to introduce a dependence on a xml binding library into Scout.

> You can clearly see the introduction of xmlbeans library dependence in Scout: http://tinyurl.com/mp7r7
>
> Scout is anyway required to carry the uddi types. So we may as well have it borrowed
from the juddi project.  As per the additional juddi stuff that gets pulled into Scout, it
is still fine because we remove the dependence on both juddi and xmlbeans.  As we move forward,
we can remove the additional baggage.