ws-scout-dev mailing list archives

From Fernando Nasser <fnas...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Scout v1.0 Changes
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2006 23:49:21 GMT
Anil Saldhana wrote:
> As much as I like XMLBeans. Even though it is an Apache project (good
> for us). But the XML Binding space is in flux now- JAXB is the only
> standard that is available IMO. I do not want to introduce a dependence
> on a xml binding library into Scout.

Well, moving from XMLBeans to JAXMe I could understand....

> You can clearly see the introduction of xmlbeans library dependence in
> Scout: *http://tinyurl.com/mp7r7
> *
> Scout is anyway required to carry the uddi types. So we may as well have
> it borrowed from the juddi project.  As per the additional juddi stuff
> that gets pulled into Scout, it is still fine because we remove the
> dependence on both juddi and xmlbeans.  As we move forward, we can
> remove the additional baggage.

All this started because we can't have these juddi dependencies loaded by our
AppServers classloaders.

What kind of dependencies will be introduced by incorporating the juddi types?

And can you please explain "Scout is anyway required to carry the uddi types"?
What XMLBeans was replacing AFAIK were for internal use only, isn't it?

> When we do uddiv3, we will have its datatypes in Scout - no problem with
> that.

My only concern is with 1.0 ATM.

Best regards,
Fernando