ws-scout-dev mailing list archives

From Anil Saldhana <anilsaldh...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Scout v1.0 Changes
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2006 23:39:04 GMT
As much as I like XMLBeans. Even though it is an Apache project (good for us). But the XML
Binding space is in flux now- JAXB is the only standard that is available IMO. I do not want
to introduce a dependence on a xml binding library into Scout.

You can clearly see the introduction of xmlbeans library dependence in Scout: http://tinyurl.com/mp7r7

Scout is anyway required to carry the uddi types. So we may as well have it borrowed from
the juddi project.  As per the additional juddi stuff that gets pulled into Scout, it is still
fine because we remove the dependence on both juddi and xmlbeans.  As we move forward, we
can remove the additional baggage.

When we do uddiv3, we will have its datatypes in Scout - no problem with that.

 Yahoo! Mail