ws-scout-dev mailing list archives

From Anil Saldhana <anilsaldh...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Scout v1.0 Changes
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2006 22:01:21 GMT
Hi Deepak,

Previous :-
What we were missing in Scout  were UDDI types that we were previously relying on juddi.
 You did the work to remove the dependence and generate the uddi types during compile time
and atleast one place, I saw that a dependence on xmlbeans library has been introduced into
Scout.

Now :-
What I want to do is bring in the uddi types from the juddi project directly into Scout (org.apache.scout.uddi.v2.datatypes
package), so that we do not rely on either juddi or xmlbeans for the uddi datatypes.  This
step I have finished in my local workspace and I have not checked it in(This is what I mean.
:) ).

If there are no objections, I am going to check it in along with the other bug fixes/tasks.

Regards,
Anil

Deepak Bhole <dbhole@redhat.com> wrote: On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 13:21 -0800, Anil Saldhana
wrote:
> Hi All,
>    I plan to put the following into Scout v1.0 in the next few days so
> that we can try to have a release in April.
>
> 1) Scout-12: Async Registry Request Implementation  [ToDo]
> 2) Remove dependence on both juddi and XMLBeans  [Completed but not
> checked in]
> 3) Feature requests/bug fixes from the JIRA.
>
> Any objections to item 2.

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by completed but not checked in.
The changes are in the trunk..

re: removing jUDDI and XMLBeans dependence -- there was no inherent
XMLBeans dependence before. However, once jUDDI dependence was removed,
xmlbeans became a dependency since types are now generated on the fly.

Deepak

 Yahoo! Mail