ws-scout-dev mailing list archives

From Deepak Bhole <dbh...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Scout v1.0 Changes
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2006 23:06:54 GMT

Hi Anil,

On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 14:01 -0800, Anil Saldhana wrote:

> Now :-
> What I want to do is bring in the uddi types from the juddi project
> directly into Scout (org.apache.scout.uddi.v2.datatypes package), so
> that we do not rely on either juddi or xmlbeans for the uddi
> datatypes.  This step I have finished in my local workspace and I have
> not checked it in(This is what I mean. :) ).

When you say bring in uddi types from the juddi project into scout, do
you mean copy the files over? If so, is there a specific reason why it
is being done so?

My main concern is that when scout moves to uddi v3, a significant
number of types will have to be changed/added if manually created types
are used. Also, afaik, the current juddi type classes require additional
classes for serialization/deserialization. Assuming that this system has
been kept as is, it means an overhead of 2 classes per type. With
XMLBeans, the serialization/deserialization is handled by xmlbeans, so
there is only 1 class/type and it is auto-generated.

Deepak