ws-scout-dev mailing list archives

From Fernando Nasser <fnas...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Proposed plan for commit of juddi decoupling + ebxml support
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2006 15:00:39 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:

> Deepak Bhole wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 14:29 -0800, Anil Saldhana wrote:
>>
>>> Deepak,
>>>   1) Decoupling juddi -  I think u can go ahead.
>>> 2) Bringing in ebxml support. Can we have a seperate branch for it so
>>> that the trunk works off of juddi?  Also, you can do the packaging as
>>> follows:
>>>    org.apache.ws.scout.uddi.*
>>>    org.apache.ws.scout.ebxml.*
>>

>> Yep, that is how I did them.
>

> Hang on - why is this separate?  Why doesn't packaging just solve it?

These are for accessing different kinds of registries, which is the only
reason to have JAXR in the first place (otherwise one would just use the
registry specific interface, not an abstract API).

With regards to packing, that is an additional thing.  IMO the
org.apache.ws.scout.uddi.* should go in one JAR (the main scout JAR for
backward compatibility, unfortunately) and the
org.apache.ws.scout.ebxml.* in a scout-ebxml.jar.

> Wait - please explain why we need a branch?  Sorry to belabor, but I
> don't see why a branch is needed still.

I don't see why a branch is needed either.

Best regards,
Fernando