ws-scout-dev mailing list archives

From Fernando Nasser <fnas...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Commit Privileges for Deepak (Re: Patch to remove jUDDI dependency from scout + patch to add ebxml support to scout)
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2005 20:27:17 GMT
Hi Anil,

Anil Saldhana wrote:

> I am not sure there is a standalone TCK for JAXR.
> There are large number of JAXR tests in the TCK for
> J2EE 1.4.  That is what I was referring to. Since you
> guys have done the J2EE 1.4 tck, lets bring the stuff
> in.

OK, just a clarification, Guillaume run the J2EE tests as
we don't have access to the testsuite.

>>What "unify the data model" means, exactly?
>

> Just one model that replaces the need for either juddi
> data types or xmlbeans. It will only be Scout data
> types for uddi. This is good because it will remove
> the dependency on both juddi data types and xmlbeans.

Nice!

 >>And the benefit is a complete JAXR (UDDI + ebXML)
 >>implementation.
 >

 > Ok, I see the point. If RedHat has resources to help
 > out with maintaining the ebxml stuff in Scout, I have
 > no worries.

As long as maintaining means merging from ebxmlrr when needed we can do that.
But we wil have to rely on the ebxmlrr guys for bug fixing mostly.

 > Also I would like to point out that we need to
 > implement one last feature - "Asynchoronous Registry
 > Queries" to claim Jaxr 1.0 compliance. Hence we have
 > just done a v0.5 release of Scout, that passes the
 > J2EE 1.4 TCK (JAXR Section).

Ah, interesting.  We will investigate the feature.

If you already have some ideas about how to implement this in Scout please let
us know.

 > All on the same page? Happy weekend everyone.

Happy weekend (and long weeked for some).

Fernando