ws-scout-dev mailing list archives

From Fernando Nasser <fnas...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Commit Privileges for Deepak (Re: Patch to remove jUDDI dependency from scout + patch to add ebxml support to scout)
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2005 12:47:46 GMT
Hi Geir,

Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> On Oct 22, 2005, at 11:27 AM, Fernando Nasser wrote:
>
>> Hi Geir,
>>
>> Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>>
>>> 1) How can you remove the jUDDI dependency from Scout?
>>>

>> It is removing dependencies from jUDDI types only, and using  XMLBeans
>> instead.  Just to make the JAXR part of the code easier to  integrate
>> in AppServers without having to load all jUDDI classes  and dependencies.
>

> Ok, but aren't you trading one dependency for another?

The problem with depending on the jUDDI types was that one had to add
most of jUDDI and its dependencies to the CLASSPATH and for some
AppServers it sometimes means making this classes widely visible.

With xmlbeans the dependency is limited and as xmlbeans is widely used
(as opposed to jUDDI types that are only for jUDDI) it is most times
already there anyway.

>> Of course, Scout still implements JAXR and has a UDDI provider that
>> allows access to jUDDI registries, and any other UDDI-compliant
>> registry.
>>
>> Now it can also access ebXML registries (so it is now level 1).
>

> I'm not sure I care, but if someone does, that's great.  However,  this
> has to be certified level 1.

We don't have access to the JAXR TCK.  Woud you be able to run the tests?

Best regards,
Fernando