ws-scout-dev mailing list archives

From Anil Saldhana <anilsaldh...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Commit Privileges for Deepak (Re: Patch to remove jUDDI dependency from scout + patch to add ebxml support to scout)
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2005 16:08:11 GMT
Dims,
  I will work on the new committer process.

Also I am going to point out my opinion here:
a) The Scout code as it stands has been tested against
the J2EE 1.4 TCK for JAXR.  It is not wise to add new
code that can break this, until we test the TCK.
b) Given a), as I said earlier, there needs to be a
framework for the xmlbeans port that is driven by a
seperate JAXRConnectionFactory.  So it is upto the
user to use a connectionfactory (that is based on
juddi data types and has been JAXR J2EE 1.4 certified)
or use the one Deepak is gonna provide (based on xml
beans).
   In the long run, lets unify the data model in
Scout. Then the issue of juddi data types/xmlbeans
will not arise.  For now, lets keep it seperate.
c) I am still not convinced that Scout should provide
level 1 capability, as there is this other open source
project (ebxmlrr) that provides a JAXR provider for
ebxml and ebxml registry. So if we include this ebxml
project in Scout, will we keep up with the bug fixes
that the ebxml community makes?  Again, if Deepak
submits code working off ebxml framework, lets put in
a contrib folder.

Deepak, lets work offline on setting you up with
commit access.  Welcome to Apache Scout.

Cheers,
Anil

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/ebxmlrr/omar/license.txt?

http://people.redhat.com/dbhole/scout/patches/scout-ebxml-