ws-scout-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@4quarters.com>
Subject Re: Scout commit rights
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2005 16:22:06 GMT

On Feb 10, 2005, at 10:35 AM, Anil Saldhana wrote:

>> Thanks everyone for the vote of confidence!
>>
>> (please keep watching what I'm doing -  I claim no
>> special expertise -
>> just a driving desire to see Apache Scout pass the
>> JAXR TCK, or at
>> least the J2EE 1.4 TCK for now).
>>

> Some of the JAXR features, Scout lacks are the
> following:
> a) Implementation of Predefined Enumerations.  [I am
> unaware of the best way to implement this. I was
> thinking of taking a peek at how ebxmlrr does (its
> creator is the JAXR spec lead, so I am sure he has
> done the right impl)].

I just did one.  I'm a little fuzzy about all of this, but they seem to
work.  They need more augmentation, I'm sure

> b) Make Registry specific request. Basically pass a
> String (which represents the uddi request in xml).
> Steve added this recently to jUDDI.  I am yet to test
> it and adapt Scout to it.
>
> c) Assertions against the JAXR spec.  We need to do a
> better job at defining the API to be capability level
> 0 (UDDI )  or level 1 (ebxml). I think we will get
> there eventually.

I've been doing a few of those, and will continue....

> d) Load NAICS and UNSPSC data into jUDDI. Since these
> run into thousands of rows, Scout/jUDDI should load
> them lazily(Only when the user wants them). You can
> refer to jUDDI JIRA for a task I have created.

Ok - I'm not hip enough about UDDI to really grok that yet :)

> Maintenance Related:
> 1) We need testcases (more of them). :-)

Working on it!

> 2) Scout code may need refactoring/Javadocs at many
> places.

Working on it!

> Aside:
> Have fun developing/using Apache Scout.

I'm having a ball...  making huge progress...

geir@gluecode.com