ws-scout-dev mailing list archives

From "Viens, Stephen" <Stephen.Vi...@LibertyMutual.com>
Subject RE: Scout commit rights
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2005 22:45:39 GMT
>> Load NAICS and UNSPSC data into jUDDI.

I'm not sure what to do with this request Anil.  UDDI is meant to store
reference to these taxonomies in the form of a TModel not actually store
all the data (correct me if I'm wrong here).

>From what I've seen this information is usually supplied by the client
as is the case with the UDDIBrowser.  Does the JAXR API require the
ability to load taxonomy information from a registry?

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Anil Saldhana [mailto:anilsaldhana@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2005 10:36 AM
To: scout-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: Scout commit rights

> Thanks everyone for the vote of confidence!
>
> (please keep watching what I'm doing -  I claim no
> special expertise -
> just a driving desire to see Apache Scout pass the
> JAXR TCK, or at
> least the J2EE 1.4 TCK for now).

Some of the JAXR features, Scout lacks are the
following:
a) Implementation of Predefined Enumerations.  [I am
unaware of the best way to implement this. I was
thinking of taking a peek at how ebxmlrr does (its
creator is the JAXR spec lead, so I am sure he has
done the right impl)].

b) Make Registry specific request. Basically pass a
String (which represents the uddi request in xml).
Steve added this recently to jUDDI.  I am yet to test
it and adapt Scout to it.

c) Assertions against the JAXR spec.  We need to do a
better job at defining the API to be capability level
0 (UDDI )  or level 1 (ebxml). I think we will get
there eventually.

d) Load NAICS and UNSPSC data into jUDDI. Since these
run into thousands of rows, Scout/jUDDI should load
them lazily(Only when the user wants them). You can
refer to jUDDI JIRA for a task I have created.

Maintenance Related:
1) We need testcases (more of them). :-)
2) Scout code may need refactoring/Javadocs at many
places.

Aside:
Have fun developing/using Apache Scout.

Cheers,