ws-sandesha-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Sosnoski <...@sosnoski.com>
Subject Re: Performance Comparison
Date Mon, 03 May 2010 07:20:36 GMT
Whoops, meant to have this in my first response...

Andreas Veithen wrote:
> Each of the two approaches (porting WSS4J to Axiom / building a new
> optimized Axiom+DOM implementation) have their pros and cons and I
> think there is enough room for the two. They could even be
> complementary provided that the new Axiom+DOM implementation has a
> lower memory footprint and better performance.

I can't really see much of a pro in porting WSS4J to Axiom. This would
mean either forking the code, with the associated maintenance issues, or
deliberately choosing to lower WSS4J's performance with other
applications just so that Axis2 improves (and creating an Axiom
dependency for everyone else using WSS4J).

Implementing a DOM interface usable by WSS4J on top of a modified Axiom
seems like a better choice, so that Axis2 can avoid unnecessary
conversions and boost its performance without hurting other users of
WSS4J. Or instead using a simpler version of build-on-demand than that
implemented by Axiom, as discussed in the earlier reply.

  - Dennis