ws-sandesha-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas McKiernan <MCKIE...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Sandesha2 synchronization and dead lock handling.
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2008 10:25:04 GMT
How about a lock manager impl independent of any particular store's impl.
It could be abstract if necessary.

Basically, this has a hierarchy of classes (beans) hard coded.
If you use a store to access a bean then the store impl's tran calls into
the independent lock manager.

Any attempt to enlist outside of the locking hierarchy results in a hard
runtime error and a rollback of the tran.

Is this too naive?

----------------------------------
Thomas McKiernan

WebSphere Messaging Development,
IBM United Kingdom Limited

Internal Phone: 248241
External Phone: +44 (0)1962 818241
Mobile: +44 (0)789 1737497
Email: MCKIERNA@uk.ibm.com

Mail Point 211, IBM, Hursley Park, Winchester, Hampshire, England, SO21
2JN

Caminante, no hay camino
Se hace camino al andar.
("Walker, there is no path; the path is made by walking.")  Antonio
Machado