ws-sandesha-dev mailing list archives

From "Lucente, Richard D" <richard.d.luce...@lmco.com>
Subject RE: Sandesha2 synchronization and dead lock handling.
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2008 13:05:09 GMT
If it's helpful, my company had some difficulty completing a persistence
implementation for sandesha2-1.2.  What we observed was the inmemory
solution appears to enforce pessimistic row locking and the serializable
transaction isolation level.  Once beans are enlisted in a transaction,
all other threads attempting to access the bean block until the bean is
released from its transaction.  It's not possible to implement  a
persistence solution without combing through the inmemory
implementations.

From: Amila Suriarachchi [mailto:amilasuriarachchi@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2008 9:04 AM
To: Thomas McKiernan
Cc: Andrew K Gatford; sandesha-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: Sandesha2 synchronization and dead lock handling.

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 3:55 PM, Thomas McKiernan <MCKIERNA@uk.ibm.com>
wrote:

How about a lock manager impl independent of any particular store's
impl.
It could be abstract if necessary.

Basically, this has a hierarchy of classes (beans) hard coded.
If you use a store to access a bean then the store impl's tran calls
into
the independent lock manager.

I feel this is a kind hack for the problem. And also as Andrew has
mentioned this won't work in a
distributed environment.
For me the correct solution is to go through all the transactions and
make an order of which
transactions access the beans. But apparently  this is also seems to be
difficult since a lot
of transactions has start and commits.
So have to think bit more.

thanks,
Amila.

	Any attempt to enlist outside of the locking hierarchy results
in a hard
	runtime error and a rollback of the tran.

	Is this too naive?

	----------------------------------
	Thomas McKiernan

	WebSphere Messaging Development,
	IBM United Kingdom Limited

	Internal Phone: 248241
	External Phone: +44 (0)1962 818241
	Mobile: +44 (0)789 1737497
	Email: MCKIERNA@uk.ibm.com

	Mail Point 211, IBM, Hursley Park, Winchester, Hampshire,
England, SO21
	2JN

	Caminante, no hay camino
	Se hace camino al andar.
	("Walker, there is no path; the path is made by walking.")
Antonio
	Machado