ws-sandesha-dev mailing list archives

From "Lucente, Richard D" <richard.d.luce...@lmco.com>
Subject RE: jdbc storage manager
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2008 13:55:45 GMT
My company recently went through this for sandesha2-1.2.  Observations
were:

*	The published documentation did not fully describe the semantics
needed.  In particular, the inmemory solution appears to enforce
pessimistic row locking with serializable transaction isolation level.
Once beans are enlisted in a transaction, all other threads attempting
to access the bean block until the bean is released from its
transaction.  It's not possible to implement  a persistence solution
without combing through the inmemory and sandesha2 implementations and
capturing the same semantics.
*	The InMemoryStorageManager persists Axis2 message contexts.
These hold transports (open socket connections) that cannot be stored in
a database.
*	The sandesha beans use primitive types to hold values.  Private
flags are used within the beans to denote which primitive fields are
important to the match function used by queries.  Since these flags are
private, we had to come up with work arounds to use hibernate's "query
by example".
*	The "time to send" comparison in the match function uses "<"
which doesn't work with hibernate's "query by example".  We had to do
those checks separately.

Bottom line: it was more of a challenge than we initially thought.  I
am, unfortunately, unable to share the result of our efforts.  You may
want to take a look at project Mercury as an alternative.